Half hoods could be the best accessory you can buy for your Caterham. Here we go over the two major types, how to fit them, and a top tip for rapid deployment.
– Caterham half hoods are the best accessory for the cars due to their ease of use and comfort.
– They are faster and easier to put on and take down compared to Caterham full hoods.
– Half hoods have open backs and sides, allowing for air circulation and preventing the car from getting too hot and stuffy.
– There are different manufacturers and materials available, such as vinyl and mohair, with optional features like zip-outs in the roof for easier access.
– Fitting a half hood involves draping it over the car, securing poppers at the windscreen, attaching straps at the back and sides, and adjusting for tension. Removing the hood follows a similar process, and it can be conveniently rolled up and stored in the boot.